Air travel is often an essential means of transportation. That’s why we are dedicated to making sure you get to your destination as conveniently and efficiently as possible. Follow these tips and you’ll check-in and board like a seasoned traveler.
These steps can make your flight a pleasant one:
- Arrive at least 90 minutes prior to your flight’s departure.
- Make sure that your baggage and carry-on conforms to airline policies. You are limited to one carry-on bag and one personal item, such as a purse, briefcase or laptop.
- Have your boarding pass and identification ready to present when passing through the boarding checkpoint.
You can help keeping things moving by observing the following practices:
- Keep sharp objects, such as nail clippers, pocket knives and scissors out of carry-on bags.
- Limit liquids and gels to 3 oz. or smaller containers. Collect all small travel containers in clear zip-top bags. For more information, visit www.tsa.gov/311/ to learn about the Transportation Security Administration’s 3-1-1 Policy.
- When packing, organize your luggage in layers: a layer of clothing, then books or electronics, then another layer of clothing, and so forth. This method makes it easier for security officers to quickly scan your bag.
- Follow the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) policy for permitted and prohibited items by visiting www.tsa.gov.
- Also, there is a vending machine in the TSA waiting lounge to purchase drinks while waiting and for your flight.